The stuff that doesn't fit into my main blog Random Radio Jottings







Friday, June 7, 2013

Fursty Friday - Week 1


When I’m asked “what do you miss about Britain”, my response will inevitably include “a pint of beer”. Yes I know I’m in France and supposedly surrounded by vineyards (in fact the nearest are about 30 minutes away) but you can’t beat British beer.

Before we emigrated our regular Friday night after-work tradition was to pop to our local, the Warton Arms in Woodmansey, for a drink. Here in France we try to continue that tradition. Weather permitting, during the summer months, this libation takes place under the pear tree. My Friday night tipple of choice is often a glass of red wine but now and again I open up one of the bottles of bitter purchased on trips back to the UK.

Well summer’s finally here, it touched 30 degrees today, and each Friday I’ll be posting my “Furtsy Friday” pint.  Today it’s the always reliable Black Sheep - "crisp, dry and bittersweet". The glass was bought at the Black Sheep brewery in Masham. If you ever visit it why not pop into the cafe and try a slice of fruit cake, some Wensleydale cheese and a pint of Black Sheep. You can’t beat it.

Santé!   

No comments:

Post a Comment